Rackspace Network Security Administrator II - UK in Middlesex-Hayes, United Kingdom
Overview & Responsibilities
The Network Security team is responsible for ensuring the confidentiality, availability and integrity of our customers’ critical infrastructure whilst providing industry leading Fanatical Support to both the customers and other segments of the business.
The Network Security Engineer will be responsible for the EMEA customer base comprising in excess of 4000 customers employing a mixture of firewalled and load balanced solutions, some incorporating DR and HA solutions.
The level 2 engineer will serve as an escalation point for level 1 engineers. The level 2 network security engineer is accountable for implementation, troubleshooting and configuration of all solutions and will be heavily focused on troubleshooting customer specific network security issues. The level 2 engineer will be required to be customer facing and able to troubleshoot various issues with third party vendors and suppliers.
Serve as escalation point for L1 engineers.
Implementation, configuration, and troubleshooting :
DNS (A records, CNAMES, MX records, Authority Section, TTL values.)
Cisco firewall (ASA/PIX)
Application firewalls (layer 7)
Load balancers (F5, Brocade ADX)
IP routing and switching
SNMP and monitoring platforms
Timely escalation of tickets to the L3 engineers
IP address assignment and management
Regularly troubleshooting customer’s IPSEC client and site-to-site VPN connections.
Provide world-class Fanatical support
Build relationships with colleagues and customers via the ticket system, telephone and face-to-face
Candidate must have the ability and desire to work within a Team Driven environment and be responsible enough to work with minimal supervision.
Perform ticket queue monitoring, and prioritization.
Key Performance Indicators (against each key accountability)
Meet pre-agreed personal and team targets, based around volume and quality of work (to include but not limited to issue ownership, ticket volume, and hours logged)
Work to an agreed standard, to ensure we minimize customer’s downtime and credit memos
Demonstrate an acceptable level of ticket resolution
• Taking escalations from the L1s
• Mentoring and training junior engineers
• Owning certain accounts
• Minimizing downtime by rigorously checking planned maintenances and new implementations
• Working with Vendors to resolve issues.
•Strong, hands-on technical knowledge of networking and network security in general.
• Ability to apply sound troubleshooting methodology in order to isolate and resolve root cause of reported issues.
• Intermediate experience of implementing and troubleshooting VPN client and site-to-site VPN connections
• Intermediate experience of implementing and troubleshooting load balancer configurations (F5, ACE and Webmux)
• Basic knowledge of F5 Load balancers.
• Intermediate experience of implementing and troubleshooting firewall configurations (PIX, ASA)
• Responsible for performing final QC on all network devices.
• Advanced knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP.
• Advanced understanding of IOS, VLAN, STP, routing and Cisco switches.
• Troubleshoot of networking devices and network related issues.
• Advanced understanding of troubleshooting applications such as Wireshark and TCPDUMP
• CCSP/CCNP or equivalent experience.
• Excellent verbal and written communication across all levels of seniority and the customer base
Req # 33645
Location(s) UK - Middlesex-Hayes
Category System Administration / Engineering