Rackspace Solution Architect - Professional Services in San Francisco, California
Overview & Responsibilities
The Solution Architect is the front-line expert at working with Rackspace’s customers, sales teams, solutions engineers, product development/management groups, and Rackspace’s professional services. The candidate that will best fit into the Solution Architect role will have extensive experience in design and development of business solutions built from various technologies. The Solutions Architect will design futuristic solutions with currently available technologies and take responsibility for the quality of the solution as well as presenting it. The Solution Architect will work with Rackspace’s sales teams to understand the customers’ business and technical objectives and then design solutions that leverage existing supported technologies. Where solutions do not exist, the Solutions Architect will work with product management and product engineering to help implement new standards and new processes that allows Rackspace to solve for the customer’s needs.
JOB COMPLEXITY: The Solution Architect will lead customer workshops to educate customers on specific technologies and concepts. Enterprise Solutions Architects are a supplemental point of escalation on highly specialized and high profile customer engagements that require advanced guidance to sales and solutions engineers on specific technologies or concepts. The Solution Architect is expected to be a trusted advisor that overcomes concerns that the customer has in selecting Rackspace as their service provider. Finally, the Solution Architect is charged with influencing the business unit’s roadmap by interacting with product managers, product engineers, and senior business unit leaders where the Solution Architect presents customer needs and proposed product changes that help maintain Rackspace solutions as the superior solutions. The job requires travel between 40% - 60% of the time.
The Solution Architect role is a specialized technical knowledge role that has the ability to quickly learn new concepts. The ideal candidate for the Solution Architect role is an industry veteran and contributor that will meet the following requirements:
· Experience in enterprise scale data center consolidation and/or migration. With proven knowledge in creating strategy, and execution.
· Maintain a strong knowledge of the entire Rackspace portfolio. This includes a deep and focused knowledge on products and services within the enterprise domain including expertise that extends beyond the Rackspace portfolio.
· Have a strong understanding of VMware, AWS, Azure, and other cloud technologies. Hands on experience with at least one of the technologies is expected.
· Bring strong analytic, diagnostic, and problem-solving skills with the ability to independently create solutions and work with others on a team.
· Experienced in using CI/CD tools, PaaS, DevOps and RESTful API’s, .
· Have familiarity with programming and architectural frameworks.
· Have strong written and oral communication skills and also be adept in time management and organizational skills.
· Ability to prioritize deals, training, and initiatives through highly effective time management. Excellent problem solving, presentation, and white boarding skills.
Pre-Sales, Commercial & Contractual Expertise:
Advocate and actively promote the inclusion and positioning of professional services into wider sales engagements across enterprise and mid-market segments. Identify, address or create countermeasures to increase the adoption of professional services as a sales technique to gain customer trust.
Collaborate with Sales pursuit teams, Program & Project Managers, Technical Consultants, Solutions Architects, Partners, and extended cross-functional teams during presales and project delivery to ensure timely delivery and awareness of potential problems or risk requiring resolution or mitigation.
Utilize and improve commercial modelling tools in the effort of delivering a sound commercial and technical proposal inclusive of managed services and professional services as the means to help customers realize the value of Rackspace.
Creates and presents commercial proposal outcomes, deliverables and activities to customer either independently or in collaboration with professional services and support resources. Articulating the value as a price detailed in the SoW prior to discounting for the benefit of the wider commercial framework.
Applies skillfulnegotiation of commercial arrangements with others (both internal and external) to achieve desired results to meet customer needs within agreed commercial constraints.
Source of expertise in SoW generation and negotiation, including the commercialization of risk. Ensuring that a mutually agreeable SoW exists between Rackspace and its customers which clearly defines the scope and outcomes of the engagements and is produced in a timely fashion enabling resource forecasting.
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or Business required.
· 7+ years of solutions engineering experience or experience working as a product manager/engineer with a proven track record.
· Sales training & advanced technical training across multiple technologies within a single domain (Cloud, Security, DevOps, etc.).
· At least TWO industry certifications required: Linux+, Azure, AWS, VCP/VTSP, RHCSA, RHCE, MCSE, MCSA, CCNA, OpenStack, etc.
· IT Industry experience or exposure to technologies and applications such as Docker, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, OpenShift, configuration management tools, hyper-v, Zookeeper, WordPress, Magento, and Hybris are a plus.
· Experience may substitute for the degree requirement at a rate of 3 years’ experience for 1 year of education. High school diploma or equivalent required.
Req # 35346
Category Professional Services, Sales, Sales Engineering